How perfect is this card if you know someone who has a 4th of July Birthday & if you don’t I would change the sentiment to Happy 4th Of July :). I discovered this Star Spangled Birthday card on one of my favorite blogs Just Give Me Stamps hosted by Laurie Schmidlin, I highly recommend stopping by for a visit.
I love all things “Americana”. In fact, the more “Vintage Americana” looking, the better. 🙂 Laurie chose Verve’s Seeing Stars set..mainly because she felt these stars could be “Antiqued” nicely with a little distressing. 🙂 It really makes the stars pop.
To make the embossed River Rock background piece, Laurie rotated the cardstock a little and then used a Scor-Pal to create “scored” lines every 1/4″. Love the texture this adds to the background.
Laurie stamped the “Birthday Wishes” sentiment (from the Wonderful Wishes set) in Blue Bayou in the right bottom corner of the focal piece. Even though she had sponged the edges…and distressed them a little…it still needed something. Instead of breaking out the sewing machine she just added some piercings around the edges. Great idea for those times you either don’t want to or don’t have time to drag out the machine. You still have the illusion of sewing without all the work. LOL
- River Rock (Stampin Up 108640 $6.95)
- Ruby Red (Stampin Up 105123 $6.95)
- Shimmery White (Stampin Up 101910 $6.95)
- Patterned Paper Merry (My Mind’s Eye )
- Ruby Red (Stampin Up JDC-111 $11.00)
- River Rock (Stampin’ Up 126977 $5.95)
- Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger Ink ri-tim19497 $5.00)
- Antique Brads (Stampin’ Up 117273 $5.95)
- Scor-Pal (Scor Pal V3 $29.95)
- Paper Piercing Tool (Stampin’ Up 126189 $3.95)
Discontinued Products: Blue Bayou Dbl. Stitched Ribbon(Stampin’ Up), Blue Bayou Cardstock (Stampin’ Up ), Blue Bayou Ink Pad (Stampin’ Up).
So whether your card turns out to be a Birthday card or simply to wish someone special a Happy 4th, have fun with it.
Thanks for visiting and have a very creative day. 🙂