It seems there is always some kind of trend in the world of crafting. Today my card is on the popular Chalkboard Technique. This adorable charming card has the fun hexagon paper from My Minds Eye, then adding the chalkboard sentiment really pops this card out.
This amazing card was created by Tammy Hershberger. Tammy used some flourishes Classic Black Cardstock, Versamark ink, Versamagic Cloud White Ink, a perfect printing pouch, and white embossing powder to create this look. For her final touch to the card she added some rolled roses, a seam binding bow, and some pearls colored with a W3 Copic marker. Tammy has a great tutorial on Chalkboard Techniques.
Creativity involves breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Happy Day Six by Six Collection (My Minds Eye 6×6206 $5.99)
- Classic Black Cardstock (Flourishes classicbl $3.50)
- Sweetness of Friendship (Flourishes ss201 $5.50)
- Versamagic Cloud White Ink (Tsukineko VMG-105 $6.25)
- Versamark Watermark Pad (Tsukineko VM-001 $5.00)
- Copic Marker W3 Warm Neutrals – (Copic CO17 $27.96)
- Snow White Pearls (Kaisercraft sb794 $2.00)
- White Embossing Powder (Ranger epj002 $3.32)
- Perfect Printing Pouch (ScrapPerfect $11.99)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Pink Seam Binding