Don’t you just love a beautiful handmade book? I am going to share the highlights of this gorgeous album, but when you go on the Graphic 45 blog you can see an amazing step by step tutorial. Jane’s magnificent book-binding technique is so clever and fun. You can use this fantastic method for years to come!
I love this book binding technique. I see many hand made albums in my future. 🙂
Ink your words with black ink. Jane used Peeled Paint on the “most” word for a little contrast.
Glue all your words onto your cover. Add a clock in the middle of your O in the word Important.
Cut two strips from your sheet of “Rendezvous.” Jane used a Tim Holtz Sizzix die to do this. Glue the two strips together and pleat them up. This will make your flower rosette.
Punch a 3 ½ inch scallop circle from a piece of “French Country.” Add glue to it and place your flower rosette over the top. If you are using liquid adhesive, you will need to hold your rosette until it dries. Or you can use a hot glue gun as it dries a lot faster. Then rub some ink on top of it to hide the white bits that are showing.
Punch a 1-¾ inch circle from “Sunflower” and mat it onto a piece of black cardstock. Glue a Graphic 45 key hole onto your circle, add two brads, and some bling. Glue the finished piece onto your rosette.
Jane added the word “Remember” onto the black ribbon and also added the phrase “Special Memories” above the rosette. You can also add two little brackets at each end of your word important. And you have an amazing cover to your hand made album. If you are inspired as much as I was by this beautiful project, hop on over to the Graphic 45 blog for a complete tutorial/instructions.
My hope for you is to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things and most important to have fun!
Thanks for visiting and have a very creative day.
- Sunflower, French Country Collection (Graphic 45 450028 $1.09)
- French Country, French Country Collection (Graphic 45 4500627 $1.09)
- Promenade, French Country Collection (Graphic 45 4500630 $1.09)
- Grandeur, French Country Collection (Graphic 45 4500629 $1.09)
- Rendezvous, French Country Collection (Graphic 45 4500631 $1.09)
- Haute Couture, Fashionista Collection (Graphic 45 4500079 $0.94)
- Peeled Paint Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger tim20233 $4.65)
- Vintage Photo Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger tim19527 $4.65)
- Dark Brown Chalk Ink (ColorBox $1.69)
- Lime Pastel Chalk Ink (ColorBox $1.69)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Key and Clock Parts
- Chipboard Tree Shapes – Collections
- Custom Designed Words – Imaginarium Designs
- Rhinestones – Kaiser Craft
- Ribbons – Vandoros