This Victorian Style Dress tag is such a beautiful masterpiece created by Kim Price. I highly recommend you visit her blog Inkognito. You will be so glad you did. This tag is amazing and so full of inspiration.
Kim started out with a giant tag and arranged layers of patterned papers from the Pink Paislee Hope Chest Collection. Kim tore, distressed and adhered it to the tag base. She then added some torn 7 Gypsies paper tape along with a few dabs of Mountain Meadow Dusty Attic paint, rubbing it back with some sandpaper for a natural worn look. Over that she layered a piece of Green Tara Burlap Trim which was also distressed by cutting and pulling apart the fibers. Then the last step was to add highlights to the background with Opaque Butter Zing Embossing Powder.
That completed the tag, now onto the dress.
The dress was created by cutting the dress shapes, similar to how you would cut out a dress pattern, and arranging them on the tag with a small hanger. Kim created from thin wire a small hanger. She then folded the paper to mimic the folds in a Victorian style ball gown with pleats and billowy style layers on the skirt and sleeves. The bodice was cut and pieced together in a similar fashion to a corset. Using Keepsake and Heirlooms patterned paper for the dress, as well as a scrap of lace, she then added a tiny Green Tara paper rose. To add a more realistic look to the dress she added shading with inks, paint and embossing powder. Lastly Kim added a variety of Green Tara roses and leaves and arranged them in clusters at the top and bottom of the tag. She also added a gorgeous Pink Paislee Hope Chest Burlap Butterfly with some pearl trim. To finish her tag she added a tiny sentiment from the Label Stickers pack and Seam binding. This just couldn’t be more beautiful and elegant.
Thank you for visiting us today. I hope this is a great inspiration for you.
- Keepsake, Hope Chest Collection (Pink Paislee $1.00)
- Treasures, Hope Chest Collection (Pink Paislee $1.00)
- Trinkets, Hope Chest Collection (Pink Paislee $1.00)
- Heirlooms, Hope Chest Collection (Pink Paislee $1.00)
- Burlap Butterfly (Pink Paislee $6.25)
- Hope Chest Label Stickers Hope Chest (Pink Paislee $3.95)
- White 3 mm Pearl Trim (Green Tara $.70)
- Ivory Mini Roses (Green Tara $2.10)
- Sand Burlap Trim (Green Tara $1.30)
- Cream 1/2″ Seam Binding (Snug Hug $.50)
- Trousseau 3 Roll Paper Tape (7 Gypsies $11.21)
- Opaque Butter Zing Embossing Powders (American Crafts $6.95)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Mountain Meadow Paint (Dusty Attic $3.95)