I don’t know about you but I love to create unique home decor projects using treasures from my scrapbook stash. I discovered this adorable piece of inspiration on the My Minds Eye Blog & knew I had to share. How cute would this be in your craft room or your child’s room or just about anywhere you need a bit of color?
Lets get started:
1. Remove the glass from your picture frame. Adhere a sheet of patterned paper to the frame cardboard in place of where a photo might be.
2. Cut a smaller piece of pattered paper to layer on top of the piece #1. Stitch a grid on the paper to add a little texture and adhere to the larger piece of paper.
3. Apply strips of decorative tape to the edge of photo mat. Many of the MME decorative tapes fit perfectly in the mat edge space.
4. Stitch your buttons to the top of 2 balloon stickers. Layer the 2 balloons on top of each other and adhere with foam tape to add dimension.
5. Cut border sticker into 2 smaller sections and apply to frame. Apply another circle sticker to the left end of border stickers.
6. Tie twine around entire frame.
I hope this project has inspired you to look at your scrapbook supplies in a whole new light. Think outside the box & challenge your creativity.
My hope for you is to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things & most important to have fun.
Thanks for the visit & I hope you have very creative day!
- Find Your Wings & Fly/Sky’s the Limit 6×6 (My Mind’s Eye FLY133 $5.99)
- Find Your Wings & Fly/Sky’s the Limit Stickers (MME FLY114 $2.99)
- Find Your Wings & Fly/Sky’s the Limit Chipboard (MME FLY116 $5.99)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Accessories – My Mind’s Eye The Sweetest Thing Smile Decorative Tape, Etsy Twine, IKEA Frame, Tim Holtz Chipboard Alphas
- Ink – Lindy’s Stamp Gang Spray Mist
- Adhesive – American Crafts Tape Runner, Imaginisce Foam Tape