I discovered this very elegant gift set on the Amazing Paper Grace blog hosted by Becca. I would like to send out a big heartfelt thank you to Becca for allowing us to share her beautiful design with you today. I highly recommend paying a visit to the Amazing Paper Grace Blog. You will truly be inspired.
How cool is it to make a card and always be able to have a matching box (that’s simple to make and out of the same die template)! I know!! The card and box ensemble are made using Spellbinders™ A2 Filigree Delight.
It’s a super simple box. I’ll show you the lid from both sides 🙂
Here is a quick run through on how to make the card:
1. From cream paper, cut a card base 12″ tall by 5″ wide, score in half so that folded card is 6″ tall by 5″ wide.
2. As shown above, layer a pink panel cut 5-7/8″ tall by 4-3/4″ wide to card base using foam tape (leave liner tape on bottom foam tape so it can be lifted to secure ribbon).
3. Next, adhere a pink panel cut to 5-1/4″ tall by 4-1/8″ wide to a cream panel cut to 5-3/8″ tall by 4-1/4″ wide and adhere to card base.
4. Cut/emboss Filigree Delight largest die two times. Once with large oval and once without large oval. For filled Oval, gate fold the panel on the tall side so that the top and bottom meet in the middle – insert pink paper in center and diagonal cut each edge. Embellish with both oval panels with pearls.
5. Using foam tape, mount the hollow oval to card base fitting the gate fold panel behind and inside the oval opening.
6. Run ribbon behind gate fold panel and in front of hollow oval and lift last pink layer to secure ribbon on back of card.
7. Cut/Emboss small motif rimming with ink for border; stamp sentiment.
8. Glue the bow to left edge of card & you have a beautiful card anyone would be thrilled to receive.
I know, you are wondering how do I create that amazing gift box. You can hop on over to Becca’s blog where she has a wonderful tutorial on making the gift box.
My hope is to inspire you to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things an most important to have fun!
Thanks for the visit & have a very creative day.
- In the Pink Bling Cardstock (Bazzill bb-t18-101 $0.60)
- Classic Crest Natural White 80lb Smooth Cardstock (Neenah $39.50)
- Circle of Life, February Kit (JustRite Papercrafts Feb Kit $57.99)
- Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko VF-82 $8.99)
- A2 Filigree Delight (Spellbinders™ 000-082 $29.99)
- Silk Ribbon (May Arts MA-SK519 $1.60)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- White Pearls, Recollections
2 thoughts on ““We Create Our Own Tomorrows” Gift Box & Card Ensemble”
Becca is my alltime favorite designer and when she came out with the A3 Filigree Delight dies, I knew this was a must have. I am in the process of using this to make a card for my husband for our 50th wedding anniversary next Friday. I am going to send a copy of it to Becca so she can see what inspiration she is to all of us.
That is a wonderful story and a kind thought. She is an inspiration!
Comments are closed.