What I love most about this beautiful layout designed by Lisa Nazario-Gregory, is that even though there are a lot of gorgeous details going on, the photo is still what takes center stage. After all, isn’t that why we scrapbook, to preserve those precious memories? I highly recommend stopping by Lisa’s Blog What A Beautiful Mess you are sure to be inspired by her beautiful designs.
The flowers were created using the Sizzix Bigz Die Black-Eyed Susan Flower die, the middle are 2 other smaller die that Lisa had in her stash. Don’t be afraid to mix & match your dies. The flourishes are a Memory Box die.
Lisa really is the Queen of detail, first she painted the Grand Balloon with gesso, then sprayed it with some Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray, then used Liquid Pearls to top it. She lightly inked the edges of the Prima wood icons with some peach colored ink. So gorgeous..
Don’t you love how she added the machine stitching in green, it really adds a homespun charm while pulling all the soft pastel colors together perfectly.
- 10th Of March Vintage Spring (Maja Design MAJ-P-70182 $1.99)
- 2nd Of April Vintage Spring (Maja Design MAJ-P-70185 $1.99)
- 1st Of March Vintage Spring (Maja Design MAJ-P-7017 $1.99)
- Wood Leaves & Mushrooms (Prima PRI-WIIB-563868 $5.99)
- Soft Pink Mixed Blossoms (Petaloo pl-1836-058 $4.99)
- Pastel Mix Flowers (Prima PRI-MER-567279 $4.99)
- Sheer Butterflies (Petaloo pl-1299-135 $4.99)
- Grand Balloon Chipboard (Blue Fern Studios 88 07510 $3.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown):
- Color Shine Spray
- Liquid Pearls
- Machine Green Stitching
- White Teeny Alphas- Glitz
- Flower Die- Sizzix