I have this fetish with clocks. So when this beautiful altered clock was found I instantly fell in love. There is nothing better than taking an old object and turning it into a beautiful masterpiece. This just takes my breath away with all of the beauty that was packed into such a small area. Tim Holtz supplies are so great for altering. This gorgeous clock was created with several of his products. A big Thank you to Jan Hobbins for sharing this fun project with us. Be sure to visit her blog In My Own Imagination for more of her creative ideas.
The clock was covered with Tim Holtz tissue, then crackled, and inked. The edge of the bell and the clock face are the Industrious border stickers and altered.
The papers used on this project are from the Wallflower Collection. The flowers are die-cut from Sizzix’s Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garden Decorative Strip, along with Spring Greenery, Garden Greens Sizzix dies.
Inside the clock is a Tim Holtz Letterpress wooden block, heart charm and arrow adornment.
Adding a few butterflies, distress stained ribbon, Eclectic Ephemera, and Industrious Border stickers just adds that feminine touch to complete this project.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Idea-ology Wallflower Paper Pad (Tim Holtz 92-93110 $14.95)
- Idea-ology Tissue Wrap Paper (Tim Holtz pp-av-th93042 $9.99)
- Tattered Flower Garden Strip Die (Sizzix 657824 $19.99)
- Spring Greenery Strip Die (Sizzix 659573 $19.99)
- Garden Greens Bigz Die (Sizzix 659436 $19.99)
- Butterfly Frenzy Decorative Strip Die (Sizzix 659575 $19.99)
- Eclectic Ephemera Pack (Tim Holtz TH93115 /1.4 $4.99)
- Industrious Border Strips (Tim Holtz pp-avth93091 $2.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown):
- Distress Stain Ribbon
- Distress Crackle Paint
- Distress Inks
- Idea-ology Letter Press Wooden Block
- Idea-ology Heart Charms
- Idea-ology Arrow Adornments