There is something about the vintage look that just draws my attention right to it. This gorgeous card is one that certainly caught my eye. The beautiful paper line by Maja Design “Vintage Summer Collection” is the perfect choice for this card. This amazing card was created by Linda Coughlin for The Funkie Junkie. Be sure to visit their blog for more of their incredible projects.
To begin the card, Linda stamped on white cardstock using the Wendy Vecchi polka dot stamp with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. The cardstock was then cut with the Tattered Pinecone die and sponged with both Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. Linda then shaped them into flowers rather than pinecones. The two small flowers used one die cut and the larger one used two die cuts.
The sentiment was used from a Wendy Vecchi stamp set and stamped on the Tim Holtz Cameo Frame. The heart applique was hand dyed to coordinate with the paper.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Mini Labels Movers & Shapers Magnetic Die by Tim Holtz (Sizzix $15.99)
- Cameo Frame Movers & Shapers Die by Tim Holtz (Sizzix $19.99)
- Tattered Pinecones BIGZ Die by Tim Holtz (Sizzix $19.95)
- It’s All About Art – Stampers Anonymous
- Tumbled Glass Distress Ink – Tim Holtz
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink – Tim Holtz
- Archival Black Ink – Ranger
- White Pearl Embellishments – Melissa Francis
- Studio Gesso – Claudine Hellmuth
- Natural Jute Mesh – Funkie Junkie
- Sweet Venise Lace Hearts – Funkie Junkie