Are you one who loves working with chipboard? This layout has so many fun and different pieces to work with. Using crackle paint, and distressing inks really add to the rustic feel of this layout. Even though there are a lot of details and dimension to this fabulous layout, your eye still captures the wonderful photo. This is such a great layout to preserve and record those special moments in your life.
Take a close up look at all of the fine details.
Rachelle used Viva Modeling Cream (Champane), vintage photo distress ink, and crackle on the fence giving it that rustic look.
She rubbed on some brown ink, using an ink pad, and rubbed on some Viva Modeling Clay onto the wires. She cut out pieces of paper for the birds, and then inked the edges. Rachelle glued them onto the chipboard and added a pearl for the eye.
Rachelle used micro beads on the heads of the grass. This really popped them out and gave them such a realistic look. Using natural hemp cord, she circled it around several times to make it look like old western rope.
Adding some distressing ink to the chipboard water pump also gave it a rustic look.
I would like to Thank Rachelle Sigurdson for this outstanding work of art. Be sure and visit her blog Life’s Little Embellishments Scrapbooking.
Hope you enjoyed today’s inspiration. Have a wonderful day!
- Mini Grass Clusters (Dusty Attic $3.95)
- Farm Fence (Dusty Attic $5.95)
- Wagon Wheels (Dusty Attic $3.85)
- Mini Chicken Wire (Dusty Attic $3.95)
- Water Pumps (Dusty Attic $3.45)
- Birds On A Wire (Dusty Attic $4.50)
- 1st of March/Vintage Spring Basics Collection (Maja Design MAJ-P-70172 $1.99)
- 6th of March/Vintage Spring Basics Collection (Maja Design MAJ-P-70178 $1.99)
- 5th of April/Vintage Spring Basics Collection (Maja Design MAJ-P-70188 $1.99)
- 7th of April/Vintage Spring Basics Collection (Maja Design MAJ-P-70191 $1.99)
- 9th of March/Vintage Spring Basics Collection (Maja Design MAJ-P-70181 $1.99)
- Champagne Modeling Clay Texture (Viva model101 or 175290/4.5 $7.99)
- Gathered Twigs Distress Ink (Tim Holtz TIM32823 /1.5 $5.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown):
- Hemp Natural Twine
- Prima Embellishments
- Micro Beads
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Crackle Paint