Today’s tag is a perfect example on how to mix and match your collections to create a one of a kind masterpiece. Pull out your stamps, die cuts, inks, paints and embellishments. Each tag you create will have a personality of its own. Tags can serve as such a great jump start when you feel stumped and uninspired. Use them as part of your layout, a gift tag, a card, or even to just display them. This fabulous tag was created by Anna Karin. Anna created her tag using the version of Tim Hotz 12 tags of April 2014. This is such a stunning take on Tim’s tag. Be sure to pop on over to Layers of Ink to see more of Anna’s wonderful creations.
Don’t you just love the layered look of this beautiful tag, from the mottled background to the frameworks and roses? The new Sizzix Frameworks die really adds so much to this tag.
Anna created her background in the same way as Tim Holtz, using the Evergreen Bough paint and Gathered Twigs ink. She also added some stamping, with the Stampers Anonymous Classics #17 set. At the top she added a row of three butterflies, with the middle one being right over the reinforcer and hole in the tag. The Honeycomb Framework die cut from grungeboard was painted with Victorian Velvet.
To make the collage paper for some of the honeycomb pieces, Anna used the smallest prints from French Industrial. These pieces turned out so wonderful using random bits of paper together on such a small surface.
A dragonfly was also stamped onto the tag.
Using the Tattered Pinecone die Anna made roses and inked them with Victorian Velvet and Barn Door. She then cut the leaves using the Spring Greenery die from different patterned papers.
Creating a small flower, Anna cut of a piece of the die cut before assembling the flower. The mirror pieces were adhered with foam tape.
At the bottom of the tag a banner die cut was applied and inked with pink and brown inks. This is where you can add your own personal sentiment to the tag. Thank you Anna for sharing your version of Tim Holtz’s tag with us and your wonderful inspiration.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Honeycomb Frameworks (Sizzix 659430 $15.99)
- Tattered Curvy Banners (Sizzix 659434 $19.99)
- Tattered Pinecone (Sizzix 657492 $15.99)
- Spring Greenery (Sizzix 659573 $19.99)
- Classics #17 (Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz 64339 $21.99)
- Crinkle Ribbon (Tim Holtz 43841 $8.99)
- Symphony Tissue Tape (Tim Holtz ch-th92829 $8.99)
- Laboratorie Tissue Tape (Tim Holtz pp-avth93095 $9.99)
- Elements Tissue Tape (Tim Holtz ch-th93068 $9.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown)
- Manila Tag
- Evergreen Bough Distress Paint
- Victorian Velvet Distress Paint
- Black Archival Ink
- Tattered Rose Distress Ink
- Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
- Barn Door Distress Ink
- Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
- French Industrial Paper Stash
- Mirrored Sheet