I feel in love with the sweet bows and clean and simple design of this card. Today’s inspiration gives you a cheery, happy feeling and also several techniques to use on your next card. I found this fun card as I was visiting Scrappity Dappity Doo blog. I recommend you to pop on over to Rhonda Van Ginkel’s blog to capture more inspiration.
The base of the card is an 8 x 8″ piece of pattern paper, folded in half. Cut a layer of vellum at 3 3/4″ x 7 3/4″ and adhere it in the center. Next you will add a bit of cheesecloth and trim to fit the layers. Trim a piece of pattern paper to fit under the Butterflies and Vines Mesh Border. Attach by touching some Glossy Accents on the butterflies to secure, then tack down the border with a small amount in random areas.
The Francesca border strips were adhered on both sides of the butterflies border strip, then trimmed to fit. Use foam squares to give more dimension to your center panel. You can add gems to give the card a more dressy look or leave as is for a more neutral card.
Thank you for your visit. Hope you have a super crafting day!
- Pretty Bows Dies (Cherry Lynn Designs B422 $14.95)
- Butterflies Flying Among the Vines Border (Cherry Lynn Designs B401 $14.95)
- Francesca Border (Cheery Lynn Designs B159 $11.95)
- Tags 2 Die (Cherry Lynn Designs B261 $11.95)
Supplies Used (Not Shown)
- Glossy Accents
- Coal Minor Powder Puff Chalk Ink
- Baja Blue Powder Puff Chalk Ink
- Plum Crazy Powder Puff Calk Ink
- Glue Dots
- Foam Adhesive Squares
- Die Cutting Machine