Today I want to share with you a wonderful mini book placed inside a masculine caddy. This is the perfect gift to give to that special guy in your life. What a treasure to receive a mini book filled with fun-filled memories that will be cherished forever. This is a great gift for a birthday, Father’s Day, Christmas, or just because. This fabulous project was created by Shelly Hickox.
I just love the riveted metal look to the caddy; it gives it such a great, masculine appearance.
The mini book is quick to put together. Begin by covering medium weight chipboard with Metal Foil Tape and emboss it with Riveted Metal Texture Fade.
Use the Eileen Hull’s Caddy die to die cut your shapes.
Cover the embossed metal with black paint and wipe off, leaving some paint on the metal. Fold on the scores and paint the raw edges. Let dry and then assemble the caddy. Embellish with Sprocket Gears and Mini Gears.
Now to create your mini book! Begin by cutting two chipboard covers measuring 3 1/4″ square. Cover with paper and ink the edges. Cut the amount of pages you desire to have in your mini book in the same dimensions as the cover.
To bind the pages, stack in sets of two and adhere Tissue Tape to the seam.
After your sets are joined, refold the opposite way and bind the sets together.
Here’s how the book should look when all of the pages are bound.
Use the same method to bind the covers to the pages. Add chipboard shims to bring the cover to the same height as the pages. Trim off all the excess Tissue Tape.
To finish the book, add more Tissue Tape to the outside binding to cover the raw edges and keep it all together. You will be so surprised at how strong it is. Embellish the cover with more metal and stickers. Add your favorite photos and sentiments and you will be giving a priceless gift to a special guy. A sincere thank you to Shelly Hickox for sharing this wonderful project.
Thank you for stopping by – enjoy your day crafting!
- Score & Caddy – Sizzix
- Texutre Fades Embossing Riveted Metal Folders – Sizzix
- Inkssentials Surfaces Metal Foil Tape Sheets – Ranger
- Medium Weight Chipboard Sheets – Grafix
- Idea-ology Paper Stash Destinations – Tim Holtz
- Idea-ology Mini Corners – Tim Holtz
- Idea-ology Mini Gears – Tim Holtz
- Idea-ology Sprocket Gears – Tim Holtz
- Idea-ology Compass Coins – Tim Holtz
- Idea-ology Tiny Fasteners – Tin Holtz
- Idea-ology Ephemera Pack Expedition – Tim Holtz
- Idea-ology Index Labels – Tim Holtz
- Idea-ology Jute String – Tim Holtz
- Idea-ology Chit Chat Stickers – Tim Holtz
- Black Shoot Distress Paint – Tim Holtz
- Idea-ology Sanding Grip – Tim Holtz!