Mixed Media is quite the trend right now. It is so beautiful and so much fun to create. The beauty of working with mixed media on canvas is that you can change your mind and it is so easy to take things off and rearrange them. The variety of materials you use add great detail and makes your canvas a keepsake. This master piece was created by Mona Pendleton. Be sure to jump on over to her blog Cupcake’s Creations. You will be so inspired by her beautiful talent.
Mona created a banner for her project. To start she used white cardstock and used the die cut, Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax. She then stamped the letters L-O-V-E using the Max alphabet and black ink, and then she misted each piece. Mona punched holes in the corners, strung them together using hemp and anchored it down with Steel Grey buttons.
To create her canvas she first added lot of texture to the background using the Graduated Dots Stencil, and she allowed them to dry. After they dried she then misted the background with a variety of sprays and inks.
After the background was good and dry she randomly stamped the checkerboard image from Distressed Background Blocks.
She cut her photo out using the Die-namics Heart Stax die and surrounded it with a variety of die cut flowers that she made using different die cuts.
What a beautiful canvas she created. This can be used to sit on an end table, or hang it on a wall and show off your beautiful masterpiece. A big Thank You to Mona for sharing this with us.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
Thank You for stopping by. Have a great day!
- LLD Max Alphabet Stamps (My Favorite Things $15.99)
- MPD Distressed Background Blocks (My Favorite Things $17.99)
- MPD Graduated Dots Stencil (My Favorite Things $5.50)
- Die-namics Royal Rose (My Favorite Things $9.99)
- Die-namics Decorative Doily Duo (My Favorite Things $21.99)
- Die-namics Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose (My Favorite Things $13.99)
- Die-namics Fancy Flourish (My Favorite Things $6.50)
- Die-namics Mini Royal Roses (My Favorite Things $10.99)
- Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax (My Favorite Things $26.99)
- Canvas Board
- Spray Mists
- Heavy Weight Primitive White Cardstock
- Heavy Weight Black Licorice Cardstock
- Steele Grey Buttons
- Mod Podge