Today’s inspiration is a mixed media Christmas layout. If you love mixed media as much as I do, then you are going to have a lot of fun creating this layout. Mona Pendleton is so talented in all she creates, and also fabulous when it comes to mixed media projects. Be sure and stop on over to her blog Cupcake’s Creations; you will be so inspired by her projects.
To create this layout, Mona first randomly added texture and design using the Stargaze Stencil and some molding paste. Once it was dry, she randomly spritzed on some color spray and allowed it to dry, then stamped the Sheet Music Background stamp onto her texture.
Next, she stamped and embossed the tree design from Starry Christmas on the coordinating die cut using the Die-namics Starry Christmas die.
To create the frame she used the Die-namics Merry Photo Card Frame die. To add some final touches, she then added a few die cut Poinsettias and Stars. The color scheme of this layout is so beautiful and gives it that warm, vintage look. I would like to say thank you to Mona for sharing her sensational masterpiece with us.
Hope you have a fabulous day crafting. Happy Holidays!
- Stargaze Stencil (My Favorite Things $5.50)
- Sheet Music Background Stamp (My Favorite Things $16.99)
- Starry Christmas Stamp Set (My Favorite Things $17.99)
- Die-namics Starry Christmas Die Set (My Favorite Things $15.99)
- Die-namics Merry photo Card Frames (My Favorite Things $27.99)
- Die-namics Poinsettia (My Favorite Things $25.99)
- Die-namics Stacking Stars (My Favorite Things $11.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown)
- Molding Paste
- Color Spray
- Red Ink Pad
- Patterned Paper