Have you ever come across a fun die cut that you fell in love with then you ask yourself, how can I incorporate this into a card? Today’s inspiration is one of those perfect designs that can get you so motivated. This wonderful card was created by Karen Maldonado. Be sure to visit her blog, Real Life In Pictures, for more of her amazing designs. You are sure to be inspired by her talent.
Karen used this wonderful Shuttered Window with Flower Box die. This is the focal point of the card. It is so fun, you can even slightly open the little shutters. Both the top of the window frame and flower box have a little bit of dimension to them. Karen has added pop up dots to pop out the window. Behind the window she placed the Daphne Doily.
To create the fun flowers, Karen used the Tiny Flower Kit #3 and Tiny Fanciful Flourish dies. She added these around the bottom of the window. She added a little sparkle of glitter to the center of each flower. On the side of the window panel, she added a fun butterfly with a flower in the center. To complete the finishing touch of the card, she used Tag #1 and tied it to her crinkly ribbon. A big Thank You Karen for sharing this beautiful card with us.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
Have a beautiful day!
- Shuttered Window with Flower Box (Cherry Lynn Designs FRM151 $12.95)
- Tiny Flourish Left & Right (Cherry Lynn Designs B387 $7.95)
- Tiny Flower Kit (Cherry Lynn Designs B376 $9.95)
- Daphne Doily with Angel Wings (Cherry Lynn Designs DL264 $24.95)
- Tags 1 (Cherry Lynn Designs B260 $11.95)
- Mini Butterflies with Angel Wings (Cherry Lynn Designs D138 $11.95)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Paper – Patterned Paper
- Cardstock – Kraft, Cream
- Trims – Ribbon, Twine
- Accessories – Button, Glitter