I just love these Girlfriends characters from AI (Art Impressions) – they crack me up! And remind me of my friends and I 😉 Tracy MacDonald is quickly becoming one of my favorite designers. Her blog, I Wanna Build A Memory, has such wonderful projects. Make sure to stop over there and share some love from Scrapbook Expo!
What struck me most about this card is the layering and choice of colors. Usually, cards created with these AI characters are bright colors, but I like how Tracy toned it down with browns to really let the characters be the focus. And the pairing of the Polaroid frame with the film strip was a lot of fun here. Those of us older than 20 can see the pun 🙂
Here’s a close up of her coloring with Copic markers:
I strive to have that coloring talent. And I love it when designers share what color combinations they used. Tracy used the following colors:
Thanks for sharing Tracy. I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!
- So Sophie–Graceful (My Mind’s Eye 50397 $5.99)
- Picture Perfect (Art Impressions U4134 $11.80)
- Film Strip Die (Sizzix/Tim Holtz sz-656621 $15.99)
- Instant Camera Die (Lil’ Inkers Design $9.95)
Supplies Used (Not Shown):
- Blending Card (X-Press It)
- Tuxedo Black Ink
- Ranger Jet Black Archival
- Copic Markers
- Sewing Machine
- Oh Snap (There She Goes Clear Stamps – discontinued)