Add new dimension to paper flowers with water. Yes, I said water! We found this technique on DCWV Diary.
Normally, we keep liquids far, far away from our paper crafts, but when it comes to creating dimensional shapes, water can be your friend.
It’s really quite easy.
1. Die cut or punch out the flower shapes – even plain circles work with this technique
2. Spritz some water to the pieces – not too much, just enough to dampen the fibers.
3. Using your fingers, gently shape the petals and then set them down to dry. You can continue shaping them as they dry if you want to.
4. Once all the pieces are dry, glue them together.
5. Assemble and add the finishing touches and now you have a beautiful paper flower!
Here are a few more photos of flowers made by shaping paper with water. These were put together with brads in the center.
Next time you need a floral embellishment, take a look at your own stash and make some!
Have a wonderfully crafty day!