I love this technique! It is so easy, and can really turn a very simple card into a “wow” card with just a couple cuts from a pair of scissors.
Seriously, I’m glad I found this card on Dawn’s Stamping Studio. I sometimes forget these simple tricks. Dawn Griffith regularly has tutorial videos on her blog, so make sure to stop by once in a while. This card has a video tutorial here.
Basically, you stamp some flower images along the upper half of the white cardstock and then cut roughly around them at the top edge. Don’t worry, this does not have to be perfect! In fact, it has more character if you leave some white space. Then adhere the white piece onto the Crumb Cake card base and cut around the flowers again. Make sure to leave some Crumb Cake showing! It’s as simple as that.
To finish the card, Dawn added some smaller, punched flowers with the same ink, popped them up with Stampin’ Dimensionals and then added some rhinestones in the middle of each flower. Done!
Wasn’t that easy?
I hope you were inspired to try this technique. Have a wonderfully crafty day 😉
- Flower Shop (Stampin’ Up 130939 $23.95)
- Petite Petals (Stampin’ Up 133152 $15.95)
- Simply Sketched Hostess Set (Stampin’ Up 129669 $14.00)
- Petitie Petals Punch (Stampin’ Up 133322 $12.95)
Other Items (not shown):
- Whisper White Cardstock (Stampin’ Up)
- Crumb Cake Cardstock (Stampin’ Up)
- Strawberry Slush Classic Ink (Stampin’ Up)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (Stampin’ Up)
- Paper Snips (Stampin’ Up)
- Rhinestones (Stampin’ Up)