What’s not to love about this sweet gift box designed by the very talented Hilary Kanwischer? I highly recommend stopping by her blog Hilary Scraps where you are sure to leave inspired to begin your next project! You can also preview many of Hilary’s projects on the Sizzix Blog.
Hilary created this sweet box using Sizzix Scallop Box with Handle Holes die by Where Women Cook. This truly is one of those “I need it in my life” products. When purchasing new dies I always ask myself “How often will I use this die?” I can easily answer that by saying I will be using this one often! Think about it, just by changing the design and paper this little gift box can be used for anything from birthdays to Christmas and everything in between. What sets this box apart from some others is the holes at the top that make it easy to add a handle.
I love how Hilary used the nice chunky jute for the handle of the box.
Thanks for stopping in for a visit and I hope you’ve been inspired to create your own unique embellished gift box using this scalloped box die. Your recipient will love it; it’s like a gift within a gift!
- Accomplished Paper Collection (Authentique AUT-PAD12-01328 $19.99)
- Scallop Die Box (Sizzix 659540 $41.99)
- Decorative Strip Medallions Die (Sizzix 658339 $21.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown)
- Crochet trim and black polka dot ribbon
- Sentiment Sticker
- Vintage Button
- Small corked heart from Studio Calico
- Vintage Silver Tinsel from Etsy
- Natural Jute by Canvas Corp
- Distressing Ink-Vintage