I am excited to share this amazing card designed by the very talented designer, Shelly Hickox. I highly recommend stopping in for a visit anytime you need a burst of inspiration, you won’t be disappointed.
Talk about attention to fine detail, Shelly is the Queen. Check out the rivets that were handmade using the waste material from Karen’s Burniston’s polka dot border die, the faux Suede mimicking a vintage flight jacket, and how Shelly used small bits of metal foil tape on top of the large areas on the card creating the patches. A tracing wheel can be used to add little faux rivets. Now that is creativity at its finest!
This is truly one of those WOW projects. I just wanted to share the beauty of this little treasure. I hope you are as inspired as I am to give some of Shelly’s techniques a try. Not only is Shelly an extremely creative paper crafter she also puts together an amazing tutorial & lucky for you she has prepared one for this card. Click here to go directly to Shelly’s very easy to follow tutorial.
My hope for you is to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to be brave enough to try new techniques & most important to have fun with your art. After all isn’t this our therapy?
Thanks for the visit & I look forward to seeing you back soon.
- Accordion Fancy Label Die (Karen Burniston EC771 $32.95)
- Fancy Frame Edges Die (Karen Burniston EC774 $19.95)
- Square With Circle Frame Die (Karen Burniston EC770 $19.95)
- Charles and Amelia Stamp (Artistic Outpost AO50NEW $22.99)
- Cracks and Specks Stamp (Tim Hotlz CMS186 $21.95)
- Mini Gears (Tim Holtz TH93012 $4.99)
- Mini Distress Ink- Kit6
- Black Soot Distress Paint
- Ink Refresher
- Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
- Blending Tool
- Black Soot Distress Ink
- Kraft Cardstock
- Metal Foil Tape
- Jet Black Archival Ink