It all began with a sheet of plain white cardstock covered in Gesso and Missy turned it into this mixed media style layout full of all kinds of hidden techniques and fun embellishments. Even though there is a lot going on, the first thing my eye is drawn to is the precious black and white photo. Isn’t that why we scrapbook, to preserve our priceless photos?
Missy started out with the beautiful background by creating a multi-colored wash, then chose some fun patterned papers from My Minds Eye Necessities collection to layer behind the photos. I see why Missy is so in love with the MME Enamel Shapes, they’re like potato chips – you can’t stop at one!
These little enamel shapes really are the perfect embellishment for all kinds of projects; the possibilities are endless!
Missy really is the queen of layering and fine details. I love the torn edges, the fun watercolor background, how she also brought stamping and doodling in, and let’s not overlook the cute Word and Alpha Stickers.
My hope for you is to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new techniques, but most important to have fun with your art.
Thanks for the visit and I hope you have a very creative day.
- Necessities 6×6 Paper Collection (My Mind’s Eye mme-nc1005 $5.99)
- Teals Enamel Shapes (My Mind’s Eye mme-nc1072 $4.99)
- Blues Decorative Tapes (My Mind’s Eye mme-nc1009 $7.99)
- Teals Alpha & Word Stickers (My Mind’s Eye MME-S-NT1049 $3.99)
- Teals Decorative Brads (My Mind’s Eye mme-nc1067 $4.99)
- Teals “Stripe” Vellum Paper (My Mind’s Eye mme-nc1061 $1.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown)
- Cut & Paste Stamps
- Find Your Wings & Fly Stamp
- Liquitex Gesso
- Heidi Swapp Archival Dye Inks & Color Shine
- StazOn Ink
- Stampendous Ink
- Silhouette Cameo
- Sharpie Black Pen