Hello crafty friends, another Friday is finally HERE! I’m Becki Adams and I’m thrilled to share this week’s Freebie Friday giveaway with you because it’s a brand that you will all recognize BUT we’re featuring products that you may not know they have. Please help me welcome Fiskars to the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo blog. I LOVE Fiskars! I’ve had a Fiskars paper trimmer and scissors in my craft room for YEARS!
Here’s what you need to know about Fiskars: Fiskars promotes achievement and self-expression by focusing on easy to use, innovative tools to make gardening, cooking and crafting more enjoyable.
Fiskars has provided an awesome tutorial for stamped tropical tea towels. Get a nice cold glass of lemonade, sit back, and enjoy this step by step tutorial.
These hand-stamped tea towels will brighten any kitchen and will have you dreaming of your own tropical getaway. Before you begin stamping, wash, dry and iron your tea towels.
Stamping Flamingo Tea Towels with Brayer
- Place the flamingo stamp from the Tropical Getaway stamp set (or a stamp of your choice) on to the stamp block.
- Put some fabric block printing ink on to a smooth, hard, flat surface and roll over it with the brayer, coating the rubber roller with the ink.
- Apply ink to the stamp rolling the brayer forward and backward to ensure even coverage.
- Stamp the tea towel, pressing down on the raised side handles on the stamp block.
- Stamp in a repeating pattern, using the grid lines on the stamp block for alignment.
Stamping Tropical Leaves Tea Towels with Stamp Blocks
- Place the leaf stamps from the Tropical Getaway stamp set (or a stamp of choice) onto the stamp block. The grid lines on the stamp blocks make it easy to position and align your stamps exactly the way you want them.
- Apply ink to the stamps using the brayer.
- Place the Position & Press Stamp Block press on the tea towel. The spring feet allow you to correctly position the design before stamping. Push down on the stamp press. The non-slip feet help keep the stamp where you want it.
- Reapply ink and repeat stamping to cover the tea towel.
One lucky winner will have the supplies to create this adorable tea towel landing on their doorstep!. Here’s a list of what’s included in the prize.
- Brayer $9.99
- Position & Press Stamp Block (4.5” x 6.5”) $12.99
- Stamp Block Set (4 piece) $19.99 – Suggest removing
- Stamp Positioner $9.99
- Tropical Getaway Clear Stamps (4”x 8”) $8.49
- Iconic orange handled scissors $13.99
If you’d like to be entered for your chance to win this amazing prize from Fiskars, leave a comment on this post before June 21st 2018 at 11:59pm EST Good luck!
If you love this project and love Fiskars products, make sure you’re following Fiskars on Facebook and Instagram.
Now it’s time to find out who won the prize from Avery Elle. Congratulations…
Karen, please email Becki@scrapbookexpo.com with “Avery Elle Winner” in the subject line. I can’t wait to see what you create with this awesome prize.
Don’t forget that even when you are not attending a Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, you can always join us online.
- 2018 Show List
- Weekly Scrapper Blog
- Facebook Groups by show location
Thanks for stopping by for Freebie Friday. Don’t forget to leave a comment below for your chance to win. I’ll be back next Friday to announce the winner AND I’ll have another awesome prize up for grabs. Have a great weekend my friends. Happy crafting!