This is such a cute idea we found on Pinterest from Better Homes and Gardens! Mummify a Halloween pumpkin with strips of cheesecloth and glow-in-the-dark paint.
Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
1-inch googly eyes
Black acrylic paint
Glow-in-the-dark gel paint (We used Plaid Glo Away.)
- Cut cheesecloth into 4×12-inch strips. Fold strips in half lengthwise. Apply fabric stiffener, following manufacturer’s instructions. Apply strips to pumpkin, leaving the top and bottom of the pumpkin uncovered. Let dry.
- Hot-glue eyes to pumpkin.
- Cut four 4×6-inch strips of cheesecloth. Fold strips in half lengthwise. Apply fabric stiffener, following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cover each eye diagonally so a little of each eye peeks out. Let dry.
- Carve out a small mouth from the layers of cheesecloth using a crafts knife. Paint the inside of the mouth black.
- Brush glow-in-the-dark gel paint onto cheesecloth. Let dry.