I love the simplicity of this beautiful card that I discovered on Nancy’s Crafty Blog. I love how this design can be adapted to fit just about any occasion. Be sure to stop by for a visit, Nancy really has some great ideas.
Nancy cut out each of these butterflies from the page of butterflies in Dotty For You. She bent up the wings for a little dimension then added a touch of Stardust Glitz to their bodies.
The base of the card is created using 1 inch strips of the dotty paper than she used a corner rounder on the bottom of each strip. Each of the strips as well as the butterflies were then distressed using Cocoa Ink. The sentiment from the Paisley Praise stamp set is stamped using the same Cocoa Ink. So don’t be so quick to throw out those scraps. After you complete a scrapbook layout take a look around. Since it is all coordinated already, why not make a card out of those scraps? 🙂
My hope is for you to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things and most important to have fun.
- White Daisy Cardstock (Close to My Heart 1385 $9.50)
- Dotty For You (Close to My Heart retired)
- Paisley Praise (Close to My Heart retired)
- Cocoa Exclusive Inks (Close to My Heart Z2114 $5.25)
- Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel (Close to My Heart Z1313 $2.75)
- Corner Rounder (Close to My Heart Z578 $7.95)