I just love all the fine details on this adorable card. The paper piecing, double bow, great design and beautiful coloring just bring a smile to my face. I would like to send out a big thank you to Amy Sheffer for sharing today’s inspiration. Be sure to stop by her blog Pickled Paper Designs. You will be glad you did.
Amy used the MFT Birthday Princess stamp set & some colorful papers from My Mind’s Eye for this sweet birthday card. The dress and crown were paper pieced and the rest of the image is colored with Copics. The cake, candles, and crown also sport some clear glitter for just a bit of festive sparkle. She added some blue shading around the image using Prismacolor Pencils and sponged some light aqua ink around the perimeter with the Spellbinders die still in place. Some Wild Wasabi Double-Stitched Ribbon, machine stitching, a pink button with twine, and a punched border give the finishing touches. So very sweet.
My hope is to inspire you to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things and most important to have fun!
Thanks for visiting and have a very creative day.
- Wild Wasabi Cardstock (Stampin Up 108641 $7.72)
- Pure Innocence Birthday Princess (My Favorite Things 719 $9.00)
- Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko gb-tsmp900 $5.29)
- Copic Markers (Copic various $7.99)
- Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders S4-128 $24.99)
- Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders S4-114 $24.99)
- Deco Shells Border Punch (Martha Stewart C9BD3F29 $20.17)
- Burlap String (May Arts Sm16)
- Wild Wasabi Stitched Ribbon (Stampin Up 126873 $5.50)
- Colored Pencils (Prisma various $11.88)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Home 4×6 Mat Pad (My Mind’s Eye Discontinued)
- Perfect Paper Panel (My Favorite Things Discontinued)
- Bermuda Bay Ink (Stampin Up Returning May 31, 2013!)
- Rose Red Buttons (Stampin Up Retired)
- Clear Glitter
- Glue Pen
- Sewing Machine