Today’s card is a wonderful inspiration made by Audrey Pettit, using the Remembrance Collection from Authentique. A special thank you to Audrey for sharing this with us. This is a perfect type of card when you want to reach out to a friend or loved one. Sometimes just a simple thinking of you can brighten up someone’s day!
The beautiful flowers on the Remembrance paper just stood out, so this made a great focal point for this particular card. This collection of patterned paper is so great to pull elements from for creating coordinating accents.
This is one of those cards that looks fancy and you think it would take a lot of time. It is just a few simple layers of papers.
- Cut a 41/4″ X 51/2 panel of Remembrance 2 paper. Cut a thinner panel of the backside of the Remembrance 2 paper. Layer it with a panel cut from Remembrance 3 paper.
- Cut a cluster of flowers from Remembrance 1 paper. Lightly color with chalk pastels and colored pencils. The Thinking of You label was cut from the 12 x 12 Enhancements Cut Apart Paper.
- Adhere lace trim down the right side of the floral panel before adhering it to the card base. Machine stitch the edges of the panel. Affix the flower cluster to the card base using foam adhesive for a bit of dimension.
- Tie colored twine around the base of the card. Add a decorative button on top of the bow. To ground the sentiment label, add a small strip of patterned paper underneath. Giving the strip a scalloped edge with a border punch helps to stand it out more. A canvas butterfly sticker finishes everything off.
Creativity involves breaking out of your traditional style, Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Remembrance 1, Remembrance Collection (Authentique $0.99)
- Remembrance 2, Remembrance Collection (Authentique $0.99)
- Remembrance 3, Remembrance Collection (Authentique $0.99)
- Scalloped Trim Border Punch (Stampin’ Up 118402 $17.72)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Chalk Pastels – Stampin’ Up Retired
- Colored Pencils – Stampin’ Up Retired
- Canvas Sticker – Little Yellow Bicycle
- Trim – American Crafts, Craft Supply
- Buttons – Foofala