Ready or not Easter is right around the corner. I was so happy to find this adorable Easter embellishment on the Papered Cottage blog. How perfect for adding to a gift bag, Easter basket, scrapbook page, card, or as a place setting marker.
- For the shapes, use a 1″ and 1.5″ circle punch and heart punch to create the bunny.
- For the ears, just cut the heart in half.
- Folding a small piece of patterned paper in half, hand-cut a couple of shabby hearts or use a folk heart punch.
- To create an easy pennant banner, use a star punch to create the fish tail.
- Using the embossed swiss dot precut chipboard as the background for the bunny, wrap baker’s twine around chipboard a couple of times and tie a bow.
- Machine stitch to patterned paper and glue to front of glassine bag.
- Glue a small white pom pom in place to create the bunny’s cotton tail and a rhinestone accent for the eyes and nose.
- Then tie a piece of ribbon through the kraft tag and clip on the hearts with a tiny wooden clothespin.
- Small Kraft Shipping Tags (Kraft Outlet #963 $1.65)
- Small Glassine Bag (Kraft Outlet #939 $2.00)
- Small Precut Chipboard (Kraft Outlet #32 $1.99)
- Circle Medium Punch – 1 “ (EKSuccess EKPL7000 $9.99)
- Folk Heart Small Punch (EKSuccess PSP28C $4.99)
- 2″ Star Lever Punch (Fiskars 42877119 $12.99)
Supplies Not Shown:
- 1 1/2 Circle Punch