I just fell in love with this beautiful Shabby Chic card that I discovered on the Papertrey Ink Forum.
Being fairly new to the card making world, it still amazes me that such a beautiful card can be made using your left over scraps. My new goal is after completing a scrapbook layout and before I clean up my very creative mess; is to make a card or two. Why not? Try it, you already have everything you need in front of you. The best part is that it all coordinates because you just completed a layout using the same supplies.
No more $10 store-bought cards from me..
Don’t you just love the little house embellishment, the warm vintage look & feel, the great color combination along with the zig zag sewn edging. So before you toss out those scraps, why not create a beautiful card or two.
My hope is to inspire you to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things and most important to have fun.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
- Stamper’s Select White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink 3205 $6.00)
- 2008 Bitty Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink 62214 $10.00)
- Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink 2138 $24.00)
- Background Basics Text (Papertrey Ink 2173 $15.00)
- Mega Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink 2126 $24.00)
- Buttons Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink VB103 $5.00)
From my stash:
K&Co., October Afternoon, and Graphic 45 paper
Hemp and trim from craft store
Off-white acrylic paint
Wooden house from etsy
Fiskars pinking shears