Holidays give us a good reason to create a handmade card, but they are also perfect for any occasion. This is such a great way to express your personal feelings. Now is the time for some festive holiday inspiration. While enjoying some quality time on Debbie Olson’s Blog Thinking Inking, I came across this adorable Christmas card & knew I found today’s inspiration piece.
This card highlights some of the gorgeous pinks and greens, along with the adorable patterned paper in the “Be Merry” Collection from My Minds Eye. There are so many fun ways that you can create a one-of-a-kind card with this fun paper collection. Get inspired to create your own handmade card this holiday season.
Debbie started out by stamping several of the tree tiers inside the coordinating dies. No fussy cutting required! Than she stamped the tree tiers in different colors to give the tree a bright and colorful, festive feel. You can give your project dimension by adding foam adhesive behind the die cut tree.
How cute would this set be for a Christmas gift ensemble for someone special. Include a gift bag, card & matching tag to complete it. You could also try using different textures like felt or fabrics. This will give your project a homespun feel. To give your tree a little sparkle, try adding glitter to the star. The possibilities are endless.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new. Happy crafting!
- Polka Dot Parade #9 Mini Stamp Set (Papertrey Ink 2724 $5.00)
- Mat Stack 4 Collection Stamp Set (Papertrey Ink 2298 $24.00)
- Polka Dot Parade #9 Die (Papertrey Ink PTD-0467 $4.00)
- Rustic White – Papertrey Ink
- Kraft – Papertrey Ink
- Raspberry Fizz – Papertrey Ink
- Spring Moss – Papertrey Ink
- Aqua Mist – Papertrey Ink
- Hibiscus Burst – Papertrey Ink
- Be Merry 6 x 6 Paper Pad (My Minds Eye discontinued)
- Ocean Tides Vintage Button
- Glue Pen
- Prisma Glitter
- Seam Binding
- Sewing Machine