I found this wonderful card on Lily Bean Paperie while surfing on different blogs. I knew when I found this it had to be today’s inspiration. What an adorable card to say Thank You to that special someone. This is one of those cards that is fast and easy to make and yet a real eye catcher. Thank you goes out to Melissa Philips for her outstanding card. Be sure to visit her blog for more of her wonderful creations.
Melissa used the Ruby Rose floral stamps to create a background for this card. It reminded her of using fabric found in a vintage apron.
The flower was cut using the largest of the Ruby Rose flower dies and vintage trim. Die cut several layers, fold them into quarters, and then stitch them together. The button used in the center is from the Spring Mix Vintage Button collection.
Across the bottom of the card Melissa used several strips of coordinating washi tape and the Small Scallop Border die to create a patchwork feel in the soft colors.
Last adding a sentiment by stamping onto Rustic Cream cardstock and cut using the Mat Stack 6 die. Melissa didn’t use the complete die, so she trimmed off the excess and just used a partial part of it for this card.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style, take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
Have a beautiful sun shining crafting day!
- Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink 64329 $5.00)
- Ruby Rose (Papertrey Ink 2667 $15.00)
- Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink 63102 $5.00)
- Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink 63106 $5.00)
- Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink F-0032 $5.00)
- Small Scallop Border (Papertrey Ink PTD-0004 $16.00)
- Mat Stack #6 – Ruby Rose (Papertrey Ink PTD-0403 $9.00)
- Spring Mix Vintage Button (Papertrey Ink VB10SM $6.00)
From Your Own Stash:
- Washi Tape – Freckled Fawn & Prima
- Vintage Trim
- Seam Binding
- Vintage Trim
- Webster’s Pages paper