What caught my eye on this adorable Christmas card was that Kim combined many different techniques. How could you not fall in love with this sweet image from MFT? You can find tons of inspiration on their blog.
The traditional red & green color combination for Christmas cards is timeless.
Kim’s coloring of the sweet Pure Innocence character is simply amazing! She achieved a truly dimensional look by deeply shading some areas of the image. I love how she created texture on the tree with marker strokes.
Don’t you just love the little extras on this card, the festive ribbon treatment, the icicles, and the touches of glitter?
A few of the techniques that Kim used include sponging the background using Sweet Tooth ink (let it snow) to give the illusion of snow, gorgeous Copic coloring, and using glitter to accentuate the mounds of snow created using Circle STAX. It really is all in the fine details. Kim has a talent for bringing her stamped images to life.
My hope for you is to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to always try new techniques & most important to have fun!
Thanks for the visit & have a wonderful Holiday Season.
- Pure Innocence Happy Christmas (MFT $9.00)
- Textile Backgrounds (MFT $15.99)
- Let It Snowflake Die-namics (MFT $11.99)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Dies – MFT Die-namics Icicle Border, Oval STAX Set 1
- Paper – MFT Gumdrop Green, Hot Fudge Heavyweight, MFT Kraft, Red Hot, Smooth White
- Ink – MFT ColorBox Gumdrop Green, Hot Fudge, Sweet Tooth Pigment
- Accessories: Misc Ribbon, Buttons, & Twine