I hope you have fun plans for the 4th Of July weekend!. Stay safe if you are traveling & have fun with your family & friends!! I discovered this beautiful card on A Mermaid’s Craft, just in time for the 4th Of July . I recommend stopping by for a visit, you’ll be happy that you did.
The base of Lisa’s red, white and blue card is heavyweight cardstock from Canvas Corp. The bottom layer was sponged with Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Ink, the next layer with Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Ink. The top layer was inked with Tim Holtz Old Paper and Tea Dye Distress Inks.
For the background flag, the stars are a Dylusions Starry Night stencil, inked with Faded Jeans The stripes are a Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 It’s More Flower Art Stamp, inked in Fired Brick. The Statue of Liberty and USA are from the Tim Holtz Mini Blueprints 2 stamp set. The backgrounds of both were inked with Old Paper and Tea Dye. The Statue was colored in with a Peeled Paint Distress Marker and a Tim Holtz waterbrush. USA was colored in with Fired Brick, Picket Fence and Faded Jeans and a waterbrush.
Don’t you just love how Lisa colored the images to reflect the slightly distressed faded look of the papers. So perfect.
- White (Canvas Corp 227041 $8.99)
- Tea Dye Distress Inks (Ranger $5.00)
- It’s More Flower Art Stamp (Wendy Vecchi Studio lcs018 / 4.8 $24.96)
- Mini Blueprints 2 stamp set (Tim Holtz $21.95)
- Dylusions Starry Night Stencil (Ranger 26688 $5.49)
- Peeled Paint Distress Marker (Ranger RITDM32601 $3.15)
- Waterbrush (Ranger pp-th-tip33080 $9.99)
- Picket Fence Distress Marker (Ranger pp-th-tdm33073 $3.49)
My hope for you is to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things and most important to have fun!
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful 4th Of July.