Today’s card gives you that good old country charm appeal. Sometimes it is just fun to create something that has a different flare to it. This card is so simple and clean, yet it has a lot of fun details. I would like to Thank Jenny Peterson for allowing us to share this fun card today. Be sure to hop on over to her blog My Little Stampin Spot for more of Jenny’s wonderful projects.
Jenny used a Chicken Wire die-namic Die cut and placed it over her background paper. Also using a die-namic die she cut out two Fishtail Flags Stax and layered them on top of each other. Next she added Life’s Direction stamp, and she stamped her sentiment on cream cardstock. To give it some dimension she added a Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose in Electric Red and threw in a big Hemp bow tucked under and knotted in the center of the rose.
On the inside of the card she stamped the rooster in Gumdrop Green Ink, and the sentiment in Black Licorice. To finish the card in a real country flare she sponged the edges in Kraft Ink.
Never be afraid to mix and match your supplies. You will be so surprised how fun and creative you can be.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Life’s Directions (My Favorite Things $17.99)
- Die-namics Chicken Wire (My Favorite Things $23.99)
- Die-namics Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose (My Favorite Things $13.99)
- Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layered Stax (My Favorite Things $26.99)
- Electric Red Heavy Weight Cardstock (My Favorite Things $6.99)
- Hot Fudge Heavy Weight Cardstock (My Favorite Things $6.99)
- Gumdrop Green Heavy Weight Cardstock (My Favorite Things $6.99)
Supplies Used (Not Shown):
- Hemp Cord
- Red Brads
- Cream Cardstock
- Patterned Paper
- Kraft Ink Pad
- Black Licorice Ink Pad
- Gumdrop Green Ink Pad