Sometimes simplicity is the way to go. Today’s adorable Christmas card by Cindy Lawrence is a perfect example. I highly recommend stopping by The Creative Closet any time you need a burst of inspiration.
I love the warm feel you get when using Kraft cardstock. It makes the layers in Jellybean Green and Smooth White really stand out. Cindy rounded the top corners, added a few lines of machine-stitching, scored a couple of lines above that, wrapped the bottom with a bit of green/white twine, and tied it up with a Kraft button.
Cindy really has some serious coloring skills. She stamped the image on X-Press It Blending Card with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Copic markers.
Inside is a simple strip of Jellybean Green card stock and another image stamped in Jellybean Green ink. I like how Cindy just added a simple silhouette without coloring it in to carry the theme thought the card.
My hope for you is to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things & most important to have fun!
Thanks for visiting & have a very warm & fuzzy holiday season.
- Pure Innocence Happy Christmas (My Favorite Things 2198 $9.00)
- Tree Line Die-namics (My Favorite Things 2215 $19.99)
Product Used (Not Shown):
- Cardstock – Heavyweight Kraft, Smooth White, Jellybean Green Heavyweight, Blending Card from X-Press It
- Ink – Jellybean Green Pad, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Copic Markers
- Accessories – Green & White Twine, Buttons