I found this adorable patriotic card while surfing through Pinterest and I knew I had found today’s inspiration. Cherry Nelson created this great card. Jump on over to see more of her wonderful designs on her blog Cherry’s Jubilee. You are sure to be inspired by her wonderful talent.
This card was created with the perfect paper and embellishment combo, along with capturing the spirit of what a wonderful country we live in. Using the sentiment stamp “God Bless America” Cherry embossed it using silver embossing powder and then colored it a bit with a red Faber Castell pen. She then added pearls on both sides to frame it. I love the layered stars and distressed red seam binding bow with the fun buttons in the center. What a priceless patriotic card.
Creativity involves in breaking out of your traditional style. Take a look at your project in a different way, and never hesitate to try something new.
- Cream Card Stock (The Rubber Cafe $12.99)
- God Bless America (The Rubber Cafe $10.99)
- Seam Binding Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon # 005190 $1.50)
- Buttons (American Crafts ac-744277 $3.99)
- Stick Pins (Joanns 10687531 $4.49)
- Pearls (Martha Stewart 10496420 $4.99)
- Chipboard Stars (Pink Paislee ppa-pp00887 $4.99)
- Ticket (Pink Paislee Discontinued)
From Your Own Stash:
- Patterned Paper
- Silver Embossing Powder